Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Under the scrutiny of the bathroom mirror.

I take the Cookies from the Cream, leaving only the boring bits left for sharing. And one thing I've learnt from my life is that the boring bits still taste good.
I'm a mess and it's hot and I skip to the bathroom to brush my teeth to prevent the icecream from decaying my teeth anymore than it already has.
Who eats icecream before 11am anyway!??!
I think only me...

I look in the mirror and decide to do something with myself.
My hair is everywhere and nowhere proper, my eyes are tired and puffy and my face is showing signs that betray it's morning-icecream-secret.
What do I want? What should I do? What should I NOT do?

I'm smart enough to know that "things", the things I've wanted and dreamt of, don't make me happy for long. And sure, some of the things I used to dream of are part of my everyday existence now. And it's hard to see them in the same way I did when they were only a dream, something I would have done anything for.
They lost their glitter not long after I could call them mine.
Some things I had spent years dreaming of suddenly meant nothing when they came to me.
I've disrespected the dream, I've thrown it away, I've damaged my drive- and it's too scary to try again.
Can you have a dream come true twice?
Maybe I'm about to find out.
Maybe you can have whatever you want, as many times as you demand.
Maybe I'm over seeing other people in my place...

I leave the bathroom looking more like a lady and feeling more like myself.
See you soon World :)

1 comment: